9/12 months course, this will be based on experience and initial assessment.
Cost of level 2 Barbering qualification £3850
This qualification is based on the national occupational standards for barbering and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a junior barber. Learners must achieve all mandatory units which include:
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Cut men's hair using basic techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men's hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair.
In addition to completing mandatory units, learners are required to achieve nine credits from optional units which include (this list is not exhaustive): assist with shaving services, relax hair, perm and neutralise hair, plait and twist hair and colour and lighten men's hair.